I honestly still don’t believe the world is experiencing pandemic. I can’t begin to wrap my head around what is going on. From an educational perspective, I feel so helpless. As a daughter and granddaughter, I am nervous for my parents and grandmothers. As a wife, I am terrified for my husband putting his own life on the line providing medical care to patients each day. As a mom, I feel so anxious….but then fortunate that I am given this time to work from home and protect my babies. Such a whirlwind of emotions and feelings over here….and if you know me, you know I don’t like showing emotion. One of my goals for the year was to refresh my blog. I feel like I was so fitness-focused in the past, and have a different outlook during this chapter in my book of life. So basically, you will be getting just a bunch of random ME. Still fitness, still recipes (because I LOVE to cook), but more life.
So the first NEW post I wanted to share is a list of books to help pass the time (thanks to my Insta- Friends). An AMAZING resource for reading is the Libby app from the Cincinnati Public Library. If you don’t have it yet…..DOWNLOAD IT NOW. You can access e-books from the library straight to your phone with your library card. You can put tons of books on hold at one time, so even if you can’t access some of these titles immediately, they will be in your library eventually! I also download a ton of books for the kiddos. I feel like it helps keep things fresh, and you aren’t committed to buying a ton of books or ruining ones from the library. I don’t have that much trust in my toddler yet.
Book love is something like romantic love. When we are reading a really great book, burdens feel lighter, cares feel smaller.Steve Leveen
So here is the list:
- The Wives by Tarryn Fisher
- Grace Year by Kim Liggett
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks
- Last Mrs. Parrish by Liv Constantine
- Why Meadow Died by Andrew Pollack and Max Eden
- Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
- The Whole Brain Child by Daniel J. Siegel, M.D. and Tina Payne Bryson PH.D.
- The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides
- Memoir: Forward by Abby Wambach
- One Of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus
- Love, Hate and Other Filters by Samira Ahmed
- On the Come Up by Angie Thomas
- Pretty Girls by Karen Slaugther
- It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover
- All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
- We Came Here to Forget by Andrea Dunlop
- Pieces of Her by Karen Slaugher
I can’t wait to read through this list. Below are some of my recent reads. A few of my faves were:
- The Couple Next Door
- The Silent Wife
- The Turn of the Key
- When Life Give You Lululemons
- Unspeakable Things
- Into the Water
- All the Missing Girls
There is nothing better than sitting outside with a glass of wine and a good book. No better way to practice #socialdistancing…..right? Happy reading!